Safety remains our top priority at Sisters Park & Recreation District!
Sisters Park & Recreation District has been working hard behind the scenes to reopen with safety as our top concern. We’re implementing new sanitation and social distancing measures throughout our facility and in our programs so we can welcome you back to a safe, fun environment.
Things might look and feel a little different but rest assured that we are still your community partner and can’t wait to see you again. We are modifying our facility and programs to ensure that we’re keeping you as safe as possible. We’ll be updating this page often to keep you informed about everything we’re doing to provide the safest parks and recreation possible.
How we’re keeping our community safe
…in summer camps
- Smaller, stable groups of campers.
- Increased sanitation practices and safety protocols.
- Low contact check-in process.
- Daily contact and attendance logs for campers and staff.
- Screenings for symptoms of illness, including daily health checks.
…in fitness programs
- Pre-registration to maintain capacity limits.
- Full sanitation of the fitness equipment between use.
- No shared equipment in group exercise classes.
- Clearly defined spaces for class participants to space out.
…in our facility
- Coffield Center will house our day camps programs and remain closed to the general public at this time.
- Protective face coverings for all staff in public areas (patrons are not required to wear face coverings, but it is encouraged)
- Protective barrier at the front desk.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces.
- Revised maximum capacity limits.
- Signage to encourage physical distancing and limits on group sizes.
How we’re keeping our staff safe
Safety protocol training
All employees will attend a comprehensive safety protocol training to understand current safety guidelines and updated procedures.
Protective face coverings
We are providing face coverings to all staff members to wear in public areas and when they are unable to maintain physical distancing.
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
All locations are following enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols that includes cleaning commonly used areas and wiping down equipment and high touch surfaces more frequently.
We have installed a protective barrier at our front desk to protect both patrons and staff.
Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
Sisters Park & Recreation District created new plans and policies to help guide protective actions against COVID-19 which will address infection prevention and response measures to ensure the safety of our staff.