Updated as of 7pm., May 17, 2020:
Sisters Park & Recreation District is taking steps to limit community exposure to COVID-19 in accordance with state officials and public health guidance. District leaders are evaluating if the local situation warrants additional operation impacts beyond the measures in place now. Please check back frequently for updates.
Coffield Center and playground closed: March 17-June 1
242 Bike Park and SPRD skate park open with social distancing measures in place.
Hyzer Pines Disc Golf Park reopened as of 04/20/2020 with social distancing measures in place. (If park users do not observe social distancing, the district will be forced to close park.)
All SPRD programs and classes are cancelled March 17-June 1.
GNW Camp cancelled.
ALL SPRD events cancelled until June 15. This includes Summer Kickoff and Volunteer Fair, Earth Day Community Clean Up, SALI (Sisters Annual Lacrosse Invitational) and Crest the Cascades.
Summer program registration:
Summer camp registration opens on Monday, May 4th at 9 a.m. Registration will only be available online or over the phone.
Summer payment options:
Camp Juniper and Camp Ponderosa will only require the one-time $35 registration fee be paid to complete registration. The remaining weekly camp fee will be due two weeks before the Monday of your scheduled camp week(s).
All other camps will only require 20% of weekly fee be paid at time of registration. The remaining weekly camp fee will be due two weeks before the Monday of your scheduled camp week(s).
Fall preschool sign-up:
Fall preschool sign-up will open up on Monday, May 4th at 9 a.m. The form will be available on our website at the designated time. Parents need to fill out the form and email it back to [email protected] to be added to the list. Staff will be in communication to let you know the status of your registration and to discuss future payment options.
About your registrations:
Credits will be automatically issued to an account for missed/cancelled classes. There is no need for patrons to request credits, which will be placed on your RecTrac account. If you wish to receive a refund, please email us at . Refunds will be processed as soon as possible when business office reopens. SALI refunds will be processed as soon as possible given limited staff.
Contact customer service:
Should you need to contact the SPRD, we will be available at:
email: | phone: (541) 549-2091
Please allow two business days for response due to limited staff.
COVID-19 information resources:
· The Central Oregon Emergency Information Network’s website, www.coemergencyinfo.blogspot.com provides a collective resource for up-to-date information.
· Daily situation updates are available via email at http://bit.ly/COVID19UPDATES.
The Center for Disease Control recommends the following to best position yourselves during this viral episode:
· Frequent hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes.
· Avoiding touching mouth, nose or eyes.
· Stay home when you feel sick, especially if you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms.
· If you feel sick, call ahead to your healthcare provider to discuss whether you need to be seen and follow their advice to avoid public spaces.
· Follow guidance of local public health officials as they revise best practices for individual health care.